Tags and Tag Filtering for schools

So, I noticed that the Helltaker cursor for Luci got taken off the app, and i assume it is because Helltaker is rated M for Mature by PEGI standards, or T for Teen by ESRB standards.

So I was thinking, what if there was a tag and filter system for Custom Cursor?

That way, CC can show what cursors are about Mature media (Such as Helltaker), and which ones are more kid-friendly, this could also bring a bigger crowd of people over to both CC and CCC if there are more cursors about things that cater to Teens.

I was thinking we could have these as tags (and flavor text when hovering over the tag):

This Cursor is suited for everyone.

This Cursor is suited for those who are 10+.

This Cursor is suited for those who are 13+.

This Cursor is suited for those who are 17+.

Now for the other feature: Tag filtering

So let’s say that someone doesn’t wanna see a Cursor of someone like, lets say: Alastor! and someone doesn’t wanna see cursors, and let’s say he has the 17+ rating. So in the app, he could go into settings, and select an option saying “Tag Filters”, and selects 17+ Cursors, and boom, Alastor is gone, along with all the other cursors with that Tag.

And for the schools that didn’t block chrome apps from being downloaded, they can control what tags are filtered and can disable that feature so kids can’t get rid of the filtered tag, and use any cursors that are meant to be blocked.

It is fine if the devs aren’t able to do this for any reason, I just figured we should have something like this. I feel it could open up the possibilities for new cursors and bring in a wider crowd

11 Likes

I like this idea

4 Likes

@Nightwing @Puss_in_Boots @galaxywiings @traversety @Miguelnumber1fan

sorry for the ping everyone, i just wanted to see your thoughts on this.

6 Likes

I actually think this is a really good idea, this could mean additions of cursors that have been asked for and declined because of schools (ex: pride cursors) however I have a feeling it would take a lot of time to set something like that up- and it would be difficult to make sure people stay in the age ranges for the cursors

2 Likes

actually wait this is a really good idea-

3 Likes

and we can use the filters for other things
such as finding specific cursors

5 Likes

yes we can finaaly havwe cryptids and stuff

4 Likes

@blife450

2 Likes

@blife450 get over here you rascal you

2 Likes

no no this is a brilliant idea

4 Likes

bruceman batwayne @blife450

1 Like

Aw

too bad I lost interest in cryptids

1 Like

I am glad you all like the idea, but let’s please not ping Blife too much.

1 Like

i’m gonna try to keep this onto the main page

you know… i bet i could pin it
just unsure if that’s an abuse of my powers

4 Likes

I mean if you have permission then I don’t see the problem

1 Like

OH GODS I FEEL NAUGHTY SAYING THAT WHAT THE HECK :sob:
WHY DO I FEEL LIKE RYAN WHAT
@traversety HALP

1 Like

I DID IT