Roleplay Rules and Guidelines

Roleplaying can be extremely fun sometimes!
But without some basic rules and guidelines, they can become a hot spot for drama and controversy.

So, a list of rules has been written for your benefit. Enjoy :>

For Roleplay content…

Be respectful and kind to your fellow roleplayers. This means no hate, racism, etc.

Do not glorify sensitive topics/ideas such as mental illness, special needs, suicide, etc.

Please do not romanticize abuse, self harm or any other sensitive subject for that matter

Stay on-topic and try not to cause too much drama.

Do not start a relationship or attack another character without prior permission from the character’s owner.

Do not force the roleplay to be centered around you. Everyone gets an equal chance at being the star.

Talk in parentheses ( ) or brackets [ ] if you must break character.

TL4s/Leaders can be pinged to resolve conflicts and enforce the rules.

For creating Roleplays and Characters…

No making roleplays that are similar to already existing ones. Copies will be taken down. This means no making a 69th “high school roleplay” or anything like that.

No NSFW roleplays/characters don’t include inappropriate bios either as we’re all children here

Do not use “nice people”/“mean people”/similar terms to describe your character. It is boring, generic, and undescriptive. Everyone likes nice people and dislikes mean ones.

No inappropriate images. If someone tells you to change your image BECAUSE IT IS INAPPROPRIATE, you should do it. If you think it’s fine, ping a TL4/Leader and they will decide.

Only list sexualities if the roleplay focuses on romance.

Do not list useless information like weight, height, etc., unless it is important to the roleplay

Do not make your character so powerful they are basically God. It’s unfair to everyone else.

Want to create a character but you’re stuck?

Mona (@traversety) has created an excellent character info form that you can fill out! Remember to follow the guidelines, and have a fun time~

NAME: (obvious)
NICKNAME(S): (also obvious. it’s okay to put “none”)
BIRTHDAY: (…you know what i’m going to say)
INTROVERTED / EXTROVERTED: (it’s okay to say “both,” just make sure they lean a bit more one way or the other)
HAIR: (length, color, straight/curly/wavy, is it dyed, etc)
EYES: (different colors? colored contacts? blind? can they change color? etc)
FEATURES: (tattoos, piercings, etc. all the physical descriptions can be omitted if you have an image)
VOICE: (tenor/soprano/alto/bass/baritone? soft? do they speak quietly? etc)
STYLE: (you could call this their “aesthetic,” but this is for clothing preferences)
DISLIKES: (list at least five)
FEARS: (list at least three. everyone has some)
OTHER TRAITS: (this is for their personality traits!)
HOBBIES: (what do they like to do? list at least two)
FRIENDS: (you can skip this, or maybe replace it with “family”)
NOTES: (this is for everything else that doesn’t fit into the other catagories. what’s their “tell” when they lie? can they fight? do they have magic? or what about that long, tragic backstory?)

These rules may be updated by Leaders at any time!

Editors note for gala

Please make sure to use spaces on paragraphs, or else viewers will get lost

23 Likes

yall pinged it at the same time :skull:

4 Likes

@Miguelnumber1fan @DOOM_IS_HERE

2 Likes

ok only problem I have with this is like, if someone is a troll and just dislikes the person. Shouldn’t a tl4 user get pinged to say whether or not it is appropriate?

2 Likes

Yes :) if you need to edit that into the rules you can do that

2 Likes

GALA
YOU KINDA SHOULD HAVE PUT SOME SPACE
:sob:
But i’m gonna edit it anyways…

1 Like

you can do that in the edits :)

1 Like

3 Likes

obfugrlibthh r WHAT IS THAT IT’S ADORABLE :sob: